Fernie is located in southeast British Columbia on Highway 3, the southern connection between Alberta and BC. Fernie is 30 minutes from the Alberta border and 40 minutes from the US border.
Approximate driving times to Fernie, from:
● Cranbrook, BC – 1 hour
● Whitefish/Kalispell, Montana – 2 hours
● Calgary, Alberta – 3 hours
● Spokane, Washington – 5 hours
● Banff/Lake Louise, Alberta – 4.5 hours
● Edmonton, Alberta – 6.5 hours
● Seattle, Washington – 9 hours
● Vancouver, BC – 11.5 hours
Calgary International Airport (YYC)
● Located in Calgary, Alberta, about 3.5 hour drive to Fernie
● Serviced by all major airlines with regularly scheduled international flights
Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC)
● Located near Cranbrook, BC, about 1.25 hour drive to Fernie
● Serviced by Air Canada, WestJet, & Pacific Coastal Airlines
● Regularly scheduled flights between Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, & Calgary
Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
● Located in Kalispell, Montana, about 2 hour drive to Fernie across the Roosville
Border Crossing (open 24 hours)
● Serviced by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, Allegiant Air, & United)
Spokane International Airport (GEG)
● Located in Spokane, Washington, about 5 hour drive to Fernie
For information on Canada Border Services please visit www.cbsa.gc.ca.
ISSW 2021 endeavours to minimize the environmental footprint from this conference in a variety of ways. In order to minimize carbon emissions, we are currently sourcing airport shuttle service options and will be providing a local shuttle to assist with transport needs between the conference venue and lodging properties.
Stay tuned for more information on schedule & booking information!
For more information on Getting to Fernie please visit TourismFernie.com.